If you love fresh, creamy lime dessert this Avocado Key Lime pie is for you! It is super easy to make, plus is the perfect treat for those with an after dinner dessert crave.
Prep Time Chill Total Time 20 mins 1 hr 20 mins
Serving: 12 slices
-1 cup almonds raw, unroasted, unsalted -1/3 cup cashew raw, unroasted, unsalted -3/4 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut unsweetened, fine -1 tsp + 24-48 additional drops Stevia Liquid Concentrate -1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract -1/4 teaspoon salt -2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil ,melted Key lime avocado filling -1 1/2 cup avocado about 3 avocado -3/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil -1/4 cup coconut milk low fat or regulat -1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons lime juice -zest of 1 lime -1/3 tsp + 12-18 drops of Stevia Liquid Concentrate
Make the base
1. In a food processor, with the S blade attachment, add all the base ingredients. Order doesn't matter.
2. Blend on high for about 1-2 minutes. Stop the food processor, scrap down the side every 30 seconds and repeat until the ingredients comes together and forms a sticky batter that is easy to press into a pie dish to form a crust. If too dry or crumbly add an extra 1-2 tablespoons of water.
3. Press the mixture into a 8 inches non stick removable bottom tart pan. You can also use a 8 inches glass pie dish. I found the first option easier to unmold and serve beautiful pie.
4. Make sure the mixture get an even thickness on the bottom and sides of the tart pan - about 3-4 mm thick is what I found the best to hold well. Freeze while you prepare the key lime filling.
Make the filling
1. Place all the filling ingredients into a blender or food processor, except the lime zest.
2. Blend/process on high until it forms a creamy green batter. It should have no lumps.
3. Stir in the lime zest with a spatula.
Assembly 1. Pour the avocado key lime filling into the prepared pie base, spread evenly with a spatula and return to the freezer for 1 hour a least or 3 hours in the fridge.
2. To un mold, push up the removable bottom of your tart mold and it will release the pie easily. If you are using a glass pie dish, simply cut the pie in 8-12 servings. Serve the slice using a pie server.
3. Store up to 5 days in the fridge in a cake plastic box. The box avoid the avocado to be in contact with the fridge air, and it won't change the lovely green color.
4. Serve with a dollop of dairy free coconut yogurt and extra lime zest.
Freezing: if this pie is too large, freeze any extra slice! Defrost 1 hour before serving.